Prof. Preim and his colleagues have translated all of his Medical Visualization lectures, for his own international students but also so that we could make them available on this site. They are a great companion to the book when you are setting up your Medical Visualization course!
These slides were significantly updated in 2015.
When you make use of this material, please attribute their author (Prof. Preim) and the book, and don’t forget any attributions in these slides themselves.
- Lec1_Overview – Overview of lectures, introduction to Medical Visualization.
- Lec2_Medical_Imaging – Introduction to Medical Imaging, overview of different modalities, role in Medical Visualization.
- Lec3_Image_Processing – Image Processing and Image Analysis for Medical Visualization.
- Lec4_Image_Processing_II – Image processing and analysis continued.
- Lec5_Vis_In_Radiology – Visualization in Radiology.
- Lec6_Surface_Visualization – Surface visualization: Working with meshes.
- Lec7_DirectVolumeVisualization – Direct Volume Visualization: Working with volumetric datasets.
- Lec8_DirectVolumeVisualizationII – Direct Volume Visualization continued.
- Lec9_InteractionTechniques – Interaction techniques.
- Lec10_InteractionTechniquesII – Interaction techniques continued.
- Lec11_VesselVis – Vessel visualization.
- Lec12_Illustrative_Visualization – Illustrative Visualization.
- Lec_13VirEndoskopie – Virtual Endoscopy.
- MultiModalVis – BONUS LECTURE: Multi-modal Visualization.